Satay veggie stir fry with Quorn Mince
A quick and easy meal that beats any greasy takeaway!
- 450g Quorn mince (or other alternative)
- 250g egg noodles
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 150g green beans
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 3tbsp soy sauce
- 3tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
1. Heat the sesame oil in a wok or deep frying pan on a medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it's soft. Add the garlic and Quorn mince and cook for 10 minutes. Take off the heat and set aside.
2. In a seperate saucepan, add the chilli, soy and sweet chilli sauces and pour over 150ml hot water. Allow to simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, making sure to stir occasionally.
3. Cook the egg noodles according to the pack instructions. Drain, and then stir in the Quorn mince, peanut butter, green beans and pepper. Bring back to the boil, add the sauce and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
4. Garnish with fresh coriander if desired.