Pea & Mint Soup
I love eating a simple soup for dinner in the summer months, I know it sounds odd, but I find it a lot easier to eat lighter/smaller meals when the weather is hot. This Pea & Mint soup is a summer staple for me. I like to make a big batch and then divide it up into portions and freeze it for later.
- 450g peas (garden or petit pois work well)
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 chopped onion
- 25g butter
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 medium sized potato, chopped into equal pieces
- 750ml vegetable stock
- double cream to serve (optional)
1. In a large saucepot, cook the chopped onion in the butter for about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
2. Add the potato and vegetable stock. Simmer covered for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add the mint and peas and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes,
4. Blend in a food processor until smooth and serve with double cream if desired.