Giant Chocolate & Cherry Cake-Cookies
'Cake-Cookies' are something that my sister and I used to make on rainy days when we were kids. As the name suggests, they are a combination of cake (as these have a slightly spongey centre) and cookie (with a slightly crunchy outside).
- 125g unsalted butter at room temp
- 120g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 220g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100g glacier cherries
- 75g milk chocolate, broken up into small chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4.
2. Combined the butter and sugar in a bowl. Add one of the eggs, making sure to beat it in the mixture thoroughly before adding the second egg.
3. Add the flour, a little at a time, mixing well. Add the rest of the ingredients (cocoa powder, cherries and chocolate chunks) and again mix well.
4. Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper. Using two spoons, heap the mixture into 8 portions onto the tray and slightly flatten out evenly, leaving space for the mixture to spread a little as it cooks.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes and allow to stand for 5-10 mins before serving.