06/08/2013

Grilled Halloumi & Pepper Open Ciabatta Sandwich


My appetite finally returned with an avenge today after nearly a week of having the flu.  I was craving something carb based so I opted for this open ciabatta sandwich which was exactly what I needed!

Serves 1 very hungry person

Ingredients:-
-  2 or 3 thick slices of halloumi
-  4 slices of pepper, ideally red or yellow (I chose both for some variety in colour)
-  2 slices of ciabatta
- a touch of flour
- oil for grilling

How to:-
1.  Heat some oil in a grill pan over a medium temperature.
2.  Gently blot the halloumi slices with some kitchen paper to soak up any excess water, and then lightly flour each slice on both slices.  This will give the halloumi that lovely, slightly crunchy outside texture and some colour.
3.  Place the halloumi slices into the grill pan and cook each one evenly on both sides for a few minutes until lightly browned.  Do the same with the pepper slices.
4.  Pop the ciabatta slices into a toaster or put them straight into the grill pan to warm it up.
5.  Arrange everything into an open sandwich, and tuck in!

2 comments:

  1. Heavenly! all my favourite food on one plate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg looks yummy!!! lovely blog

    Check out my giveaway and do enter :-)
    http://thesecretblogger-2011.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete