Being a serious lover of carbs, few things fill me with more pleasure than a hefty chunk of quality bread. I had some ciabatta left over this week, so I decided to use it up for this simple bruschetta lunch today.
- 2 thick slices of ciabatta
- 2 or 3 small mushrooms, sliced
- a few chunks of feta cheese
- half a glove of garlic
- olive oil
- mixed herbs
1. Drizzle a little olive oil over each ciabatta slice and then gently rub the garlic all over into the bread.
2. Pop the ciabatta slices under the grill for a couple of minutes until lightly toasted.
3. In a small pan, fry the sliced mushrooms with the garlic until cooked, and arrange them on the ciabatta slices.
4. Top them off with the chunks of feta and sprinkle over some mixed herbs. Enjoy alone or serve with salad.